Fri, 22 Mar|
Mens Rewilding Gathering
Time & Location
22 Mar 2024, 3:00 pm – 24 Mar 2024, 3:00 pm
Watagan, Watagan Creek Rd, Watagan NSW 2325, Australia
About the Event
Mens Rewilding Gathering
Are you a man craving deeper connection to the land and yourself? Keen to slow down to bush time and leave the to-do list at home?
Do you want to learn ancestral skills that bring you in to direct relationship with yourself and the land again.
Something special happens when we gather in the bush as men, we connect back in with a more primal way of being.
This men’s gathering will be unique in the sense that it is based around connection to the land through physical skills and reconnecting with our evolutionary biology, based from the knowledge that we have evolved in an outdoor environment.
We do this through basing our gathering around these elements:
- Skills: For hundreds of thousands of years our ancestors have been practicing earth-based skills, crafting useful items made from what the earth provides.
- Awareness: We developed an acute sense of awareness through hunting and tracking. With an open and quieted mind, we observed our surroundings with all of our senses.
- Movement: We utilised our capable bodies to move efficiently across challenging landscapes. Movement was part of every-day life.
- Challenges: We have been put through trials and tribulations, pushing our comfort zones and promoting inner growth and awareness.
- Sharing circles: We spent time in circle sharing, the good, the bad and telling stories and teachings of our experiences, or that were passed down to over generations.
This is a 3-day camp-out gathering held on private property up in the Wollombi Region. 1.5 hours west from Central Coast & Newcastle.
The property is on a ridge top, surrounded by 360 views of bush & rolling valleys below, full of sandstone caves to explore + wildlife.
The weekend will consist of:
- Animal movement
- Sensory challenges & games
- Cultural connection, Smoking Ceremony
- Hands on Fire by friction workshop
- Daily first light sit spots (nature connection/ awareness practice).
- Wild food and medicine walk
- Rewilding in a modern setting discussions
- Sharing circles by the fire
- Coal burn spoon making
- Healthy communal dinners cooked on the fire incorporating wild plants and wild meat.
- Cooking on the fire workshop
Spaces are limited, this is a unique opportunity for us to gather as men and experience what it is like to be amongst other men in a wild setting living close to the land.
When: 24-26 March
Location: Private property Laguna (20 minutes from Wollombi)
Alcohol & Drug Free
BYO camping setup + breakfast & lunch + bush craft knife
Optus phone reception only
Get in touch with Will for more info 0459777420
Hope to see you there.
We pay our respects to the Traditional Custodians of the Land we gather on, we acknowledge the Indigenous Culture of the Land & Water that has existed for tens of thousands of years.
- Ticket type
+$9.50 service fee+$9.50 service fee