Sun, 04 Feb|
Intro to Foraging Useful & Medicinal Plants.
How to use wild plants in every day life Learn to Identify, forage, prepare, cook and ferment wild plants Wild foraged snacks provided
Time & Location
04 Feb 2024, 10:30 am – 3:00 pm
Holgate, Central Coast, NSW, Australia
About the Event
How to use wild plants in every day life
Learn to Identify, forage, prepare, cook and ferment wild plants
Wild foraged snacks provided
Join us for a day outside, learning various types of common edible plants and how to use them.
This workshop will give you the knowledge needed to forage ethically & incorporate these wild greens into every day cooking in a way that tastes delicious.
The day will look like this
· Arrival and introduction of using wild foods in daily living. Ethical & safe foraging.
· Guided plant walk & forage, how to ID common plants that you can use for food & medicine, experiential learning & foraging
· Tea & snacks provided using foraged plants (learning cooking & preparation methods for wild foods)
. Lesson on how to make wild medicine balms and wild ferments
What you will you learn?
· How to identify common wild plants
· How to make medicinal healing balms with wild plants & beeswax
· An array of wild foods that you can eat
· How to prepare & cook with wild foods & make them taste delicious
· Ethical foraging practises to ensure you are strengthening your local ecology rather than harming it
· How to make wild food ferments
· How to make wild mead
· How to be in relationship with your local ecology
What will you taste?
· Freshly foraged wild plant leaves
· Sauteed Wild Greens
· Bush tea
· Wild Honey Mead
· Wild Greens Pesto
· Home cooked sprouted buckwheat sourdough
What will you take home?
· Information sheet on Wild Greens & how to identify
· Home made Wild plant healing balm
· An abundance of new knowledge on how to be In relationship with your ecology
When? 18th Febuary Sunday
Location: Wild Feather Studio, Holgate.
Will, Eva & Clay (Wild Beings), run a nature-based organisation focusing on educating folks on earth-based skills & practises.
How can we align our life & values on decisions that conserve the ecology rather than destroy it?
Rewilding has the answers to much of the ecological-disconnect we face in modern times.
Learning an earth-skill like foraging is a great intro into learning how to be more self sufficient & empowered with food & medicine choices.
We acknowledge the traditional custodians on the lands we walk upon & the age old wisdom of the earth that has been passed down. This knowledge is not new knowledge, we acknowledge the ancient roots of this earth based culture & wish to inspire others to connect with the earth.
- Ticket type
+$2.50 service fee+$2.50 service fee